Certification Renewal for AY2023
September 1, 2022
Each academic year (September-August), Level I and Level II certified court clerks must achieve 12 hours of continuing education. Level III certified court clerks, must attend 20 hours of continuing education. Hours must be completed no later than August 31st .
With the exception of the TCCA & TMCA Annual Conferences and TMCEC sponsored training, a Municipal Court Clerk Certification Renewal Application must be completed and returned to TMCEC with the required documentation prior to September 1st of each year (allowing for a grace period of no later than September 15th for application submission).
The number of approved “virtual” courses that can be used for continuing education is 8 hours. This includes live and archived webinars
APPROVED PROVIDERS: (automatic approval)
The following will be reviewed on a case by case basis, must be submitted by requestor.
- City Hall Essentials
- Coalition of American Court Collectors (CACC)
- Government Collector’s Association of Texas (GCAT)
- Institute for Court Management (ICM)
- National Association of Court Management (NACM)
- National Center for State Court (NCSC)
- State Bar of Texas (SBOT)
- Strategic Government Resources
- Teen Court Association of Texas (TCAT)
- Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
- Texas Judicial Commission on Mental Health (JCMH)
- Texas Justice Court Training Center (TJCTC)/criminal track only
- Texas Municipal League (TML)
- Texas State Library (TSL)
- Texas Municipal Clerks (City Secretaries)
Questions? Please contact:
Pat Riffel, TCCA Education Committee Co-Chair