Pay Range: Depending on Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
The City of Montgomery has an immediate opening for a full time Deputy Court Clerk position. Required: one to three years Municipal Court experience. Submit resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: City of Montgomery, Attn: City Secretary Susan Hensley, P.O. Box 708, Montgomery, Texas 77356. Full job description attached. Pay is DOQ.
The primary function of the Deputy Court Clerk is to support the daily operations of the City of Montgomery Municipal Court. The Deputy Court Clerk will report directly to the Court Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Deputy Court Clerk functions include the following:
Court Related Duties:
- Collect and post payments for traffic violations from defendants in person and by mail
- Process driving safety course requests
- Process payment plans under judge’s standing orders
- Set court dates for defendants
- File documents and process judgments for judge’s signature
- Process general court correspondence
- Assist court clerk in court with pre-trial hearings and trials
- Prepare notices for mailing
- Answer court telephone and assist defendants
- And all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, familiarity with Incode, Ability to learn new technology, Experience working in an office environment. Court Clerk Certification Level I highly recommended or must be obtained within the first year of employment.