Pay Range: $16.00 - $24.00 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
For more information and to apply go to Missouri City Jobs
This is an entry-level, professional staff, full-time position with the City's Municipal Court. An individual in this position will assist court personnel and defendants
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Assist defendants in the resolution of cases by providing defendant with options of their charges; determine the amount of fines; explain payment plans; set court dates; explain procedures to file appeals; process insurance cases; and process cases with dismissal fees.
- Process cases, set arraignments, jury and trial dockets by documenting authorized payment plans; complete defensive driving forms; prepare alcohol awareness forms and drivers license suspensions; set cases on deferred disposition as required by the Judge; assist juveniles with community service requirements; mail juvenile notices to parents; and issue balance due letters and show cause notices to defendants prepare Judgment Nisis for bond forfeiture; notify bonding companies, attorneys and defendants
- Process payments by taking payments at the counter, online, over the phone, and by mail; post and receive cash and surety bonds; process and balance cash drawer; receive and clear warrants paid by mail, vault, phone, or counter; receive and apply credit for community service completed; receive and dispose pending alcohol and tobacco awareness certificates; clear warrants; and notify dispatch when warrants are cleared; process NSF checks
- Perform clerk duties such as assisting the Judge at arraignments, trial by judge and jury dockets; prepare and mail summons; select and mail jury summons; and prepare jury panel for cases. Prepare documents for warrant officers by copying and stamping original warrants; making blue and white copies of citations for the warrant officer; issue Failure to Appear letters; and obtain necessary signatures.
- Maintain supplies and files by creating a supply list; ensure forms and envelope supplies are current; create and print time payment forms and citations; create envelopes for payments and jury summons; and print time logs.
- Process jail and bonding paperwork; attach original warrants to the corresponding file; process credit for jail time served; clear warrants and holds from the Police Department and surrounding agencies; and prepare hold notices on defendants as requested
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Subject to 24- hour recall
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, OR CERTIFICATION:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development Certificate and one year of municipal court, general office, or secretarial experience is required. Bilingual (Spanish) candidates highly desired
- The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience