Pay Range: $35,796.80 - $42,099.20 Annually
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
For more information and to apply go to Town of Prosper Jobs
Under the direction and supervision of the Municipal Court Administrator, the position performs and completes routine clerical and customer service functions. This is accomplished by answering the phone or greeting customers, responding to inquiries, processing records and posting and recording payments and bonds, maintaining files and filing, preparing documents and court dockets. Other duties include providing information to outside agencies and personnel.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description
Other Important Duties:
- Provides clerical support for the department by answering and directing incoming calls, greeting visitors, responding in a professional and courteous manner to inquiries from both internal and external customers.
- Enters and retrieves data accurately.
- Handles information and/or monies received by entering information into the computer, process incoming and outgoing mail, posting transactions, verifying payments, balancing cash drawers and preparing bank deposits.
- Processes judicial information by posting and receipting payments and bonds, preparing warrants for signature, notifying defendants, processing citations and insurance verifications, and completing related court case monitoring tasks.
- Maintains files and records by reviewing and filing documents and related paperwork, monitoring systems and reviewing entries.
- Prepare files and dockets for criminal and civil court cases and proceedings.
- Issue court notices and summons.
- Serve as courtroom clerk during court sessions.
- Prepare materials and information for the Municipal Judge to review and sign.
- Handle attorney, defendant, citizen and agency requests for services.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Two years of clerical experience in a customer service environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of standard software programs and office equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with the public and co-workers.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas Class C drivers license and meet all Town policies regarding insurability.
- Preference may be given to applicants with at least one or more years of full-time court experience.
- English/Spanish: Bilingual speaking ability preferred but not required.
- Administer directives, policies and procedures of both the Town of Prosper and the Municipal Court and to work within these guidelines.
- Understand and apply pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations; interprets and applies as necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the geography of the town and the surrounding vicinity as it relates to territorial limits for violations.
- Demonstrate knowledge Class C Misdemeanors.
- Demonstrate skill in communicating professionally, clearly and concisely, both oral and written.
- Demonstrate skill to plan, organize and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate skill to resolve a variety of situations characterized by conflict.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Display initiative and motivation.
- Demonstrate skill to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions.