3 - 4 Month Assignment
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
For more information and to apply go to City of Bee Cave Jobs
Provides professional analytical, administrative, and management system services to support the Municipal Court.
Works under the direct supervision of the City Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows procedures for the operation of the Court.
- Provides case management of all criminal cases filed in the Municipal Court.
- Compiles reports and summaries of work; updates, checks and completes records, forms and documents.
- Ensures that all correspondence to the Court or Presiding Judge that are not ministerial in nature is immediately directed to the Presiding Judge.
- Follows appropriate internal controls to ensure proper allocation of fine revenue, fees, bonds and State Comptroller costs.
- Issue summons to prospective jurors.
- Assists with processing incoming mail, email, online request; maintains and routes publications.
- Assists other agencies and the public with information, forms and other Court resources; clearly communicates procedures.
- Greets defendants, attorneys and guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Answers telephones and transfers the caller to the appropriate associate or associate’s voicemail.
- Takes and forwards messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with Court information such as address, directions to the location, fax number, website and other related information.
- Handles highly confidential information.
- Maybe called upon to deal with difficult customers.
- Assist with other administrative duties as required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish DESIRED
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping (associates degree preferred); and
- Two (2) years of related experience (strong preference will be given to current court experience);
- Current experience with Court Records Management Systems (Incode preferred); or
- Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of modern public administration, courts, and police departments; Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures; Thorough knowledge of filing methods and modern records management techniques, including legal requirements for recording, retention and disclosure; • Working knowledge of Incode/Tyler Court Systems;
- Skilled in operation of listed tools and equipment;
- Ability to accurately record and maintain records; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, other departments, officials and the public; Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; Ability to plan and organize clerical work.
- Knowledge of and skilled in budgeting process.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend policies and instructions.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to court records
(a) Must be bondable; (b) Valid State Driver's License, or ability to obtain one; (c) Prefer Texas Municipal Court Clerks Certification; (d) Will be required to have a favorable result from an extensive background investigation.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer including Windows XP office, Outlook, Excel, Word, INCODE, Laserfiche Client, word processing, spreadsheet, internet, web client, Incode, 10-key calculator; phone; scanner/copy machine; fax machine
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.