Pay Range: $29.63 - $50.37 Hourly
Closing Date: 7/8/19
For more information and to apply go to City of San Antonio Jobs
Under administrative direction, is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating operations and administrative functions as assigned within the Municipal Courts. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
This position is an "unclassified" position and has no disciplinary appeal rights to the Municipal Civil Service Commission. This position is likewise subject to at-will employment status and can be terminated at any time for any reason.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews, monitors, and evaluates performance of assigned staff.
- Seeks and evaluates information; provides specialized reports as requested by Municipal Courts' leadership.
- Innovates, develops and implements new programs and process improvements.
- Coordinates special projects with other supervisors or managers within Municipal Courts, outside agencies, and other City departments.
- Manages the collection and reporting of financial data to the appropriate City and State agencies.
- Assists the Clerk of the Court with investigations of problems and complaints from judges, attorneys, and the general public.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as needed.
- Manages data processing files of court records per compliance protocols of the Court.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of supervisory or administrative experience.
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions.
- Valid Texas Crime Information Center and National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC) Certification within one (1) year of employment and re-certified yearly.
- Must maintain Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System Access (TLETS) eligibility for continued employment in position (TLETS provides access to TCIC and NCIC).
- Two (2) years of experience in personnel management.
- Working knowledge and experience in Human Resources.
- Experience and expertise in employee training and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related fulltime experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
- Physical requirements include visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, stooping, and walking to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are in an office environment with occasional exposure to hostile people.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of employee supervision and personnel management.
- Knowledge of employee training and development techniques, methods, and practices.
- Knowledge of organizational strategic planning and operations research.
- Knowledge of court principles, practices, laws, codes, and regulations.
- Knowledge of judicial proceedings.
- Knowledge of arrest warrants, summons, and subpoenas.
- Skill in utilizing personal computers and associated MS Windows-based software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and Access) and enterprise resource management software, such as SAP.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Skill in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.