Pay Range: $43,624.00 - $57,693.00 Annually
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
For more information and to apply go to City of Jersey Village Jobs
Under general supervision of the Municipal Court Administrator, maintains all court records using required knowledge of court operations, policies and procedures; performs clerical and secretarial duties, including typing, filing, data entry, and various other clerical duties; deals effectively and courteously in person, on the telephone, and in writing with judges, customers, supervisors, and staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and understand complex policies and procedures.
- Prepares court dockets, records disposition, and takes appropriate action.
- Prepares bench warrants and issues show cause orders.
- Receives inquiries from the public by letter, telephone or in person and furnishes the proper information or directs inquiry to the proper source.
- Assists in the coordination of court matters with defendants, defense counsel, City Prosecutor, Public Safety Department, jail and other levels of the criminal justice administration system.
- Accepts, receipts, and accounts for all court fines and fees.
- Prepares correspondence and maintains records.
- Answers telephones and acts as relief cashier.
- Receives, logs and indexes incoming filings, citations, and complaints
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner.
- Performs other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sit for extended periods of time inputting data on personal computer and/or assisting customers; ability to safely lift, hold, and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds; read complex source documents on both paper and computer screens; stand for extended periods of time filing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, DEGREES, CERTIFICATES, AND/OR LICENSE: A high school diploma or its equivalent. Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License. Must be able to obtain at minimum Level I TCCA/TMCEC Court Clerk Certification within 2 years of employment. Courses in personal computing; Associates degree and/or coursework with concentration related to position duties. Previous court experience preferred.
1-3 years of experience in a municipal court room environment preferred; types 30 words per minute; experience in the use of Microsoft Applications; experience with INCODE software; ability to deal effectively and courteously with public and communicate in a clear voice; ability to handle difficult court situations with diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job assignments; reads, writes, and converses in the English language.