Salary: $33,279 - $41,599 DOQ Annually
Closing: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
This is a full-time (Administrative Support Workers) position in the City's Municipal Court. This position is responsible for processing payments, plans and extensions; Driver Safety Course (DSC) orders; and deferred orders; and processing dismissals. The Deputy Court Clerk also performs a variety of clerical duties related to the procedures, laws, and record keeping tasks required of a Texas statute. Reporting relationship: Director of Court Services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, OR CERTIFICATION:
- Must be able to understand state law and have the ability to explain possible legal options to defendants;
- Provide defendants with their options in order to take care of their citations. These options include: driver safety course (DSC), deferred disposition, payment plan, community service, or contesting the citation;
- Process payments and post the payments to defendant's cases;
- Process driver safety course and deferred orders;
- Receive requests and motions for dismissal. Clerk accepts documents for compliance dismissals. If a request or motion is denied, the clerk must set the defendant for a new court date and send written notification to the defendant;
- Process cash bonds, bail bonds, and attorney bonds in accordance with the judge's standing orders;
- Post cash bonds and prepares all supporting documentations;
- Complete the insurance verification process per judge's orders daily;
- Performs extensive data entry such as entering tickets/sworn complaints, importing citations from OSSI, scanning documents to case files;
- Effectively and efficiently process cases and provide superior customer service;
- Review appeal bonds for accuracy before receiving;
- Process all payments received via drop box and mail;
- Process payments paid by credit card via telephone, and the internet; and process driver safety course and extension requests received via the internet;
- Process and reconcile daily cash receipts and balance cash drawer daily;
- Assist with generating and mailing out option brochures daily;
- Prepare and send Juvenile Letters and Parking Letters;
- Assist defendants on the telephone as well as at the clerk's window;
- Process Statements of Intent filed by Missouri City Peace Officers, Code Enforcement Officers, Animal Control and the public and legally summons all parties in a timely manner;
- Event monitoring on all cases past due;
- Submit various forms to the Texas Department of Public Safety;
- Check defendants and attorneys in for court;
- As assigned, responsible for juror check-in and summons;
- Process incoming faxes to the court;
- Process jail and bonding paperwork; attach original warrants to corresponding files; process credit for jail time served; clear warrants and holds from the Police Department and surrounding agencies; and prepare hold notices on defendants as requested;
- Issue Failure to Appear letters;
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Deputy Court Administrator and the Director of Court Services.
- Subject to 24-hour recall.
High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate and one (1) to (2) years of court related professional experience required. Texas Court Clerks Association Level 1 Certification preferred or the ability to obtain within first two (2) years of employment.
The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
APPLY ONLINE BY CLICKING THE FOLLOWING LINK: http: (Im issou ricitytx. gov
1522 Texas Parkway
Missouri City, TX 77489