Salary: $49,940.80 - $58,676.80 Annually
Closing: (Subject to Close Without Notice)
Apply online at: City of Georgetown Jobs
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Oversees daily office operations of the Municipal Court to ensure the efficient and accurate operation of the City's court.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter with their application.
- Supervises the deputy clerk and associate deputy clerks that are responsible for accurate court disposition and fine records by collecting payments, posting correctly to the court system, verifying cash drawers and depositing collections daily. Reviews receipted payments for accuracy and case integrity.
- Ensures proper segregation of duties and verification of work being done.
- Prioritizes and coordinates work assignments; reviews processes for efficiency.
- Ensures open record requests are processed timely, efficiently and accurately.
- Leads team on completing daily tasks, along with special projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Ensures the front office is adequately staffed to promote good customer service.
- Ensures the effective coordination of Municipal Court operations by communicating effectively on problems and issues.
- Assists court team in setting goals, by providing professional guidance and ensuring they work as a cohesive team to provide quality customer service.
- Assists with the coordination of docket processing, including jury trials, by setting and reviewing case information, sending notice, preparing summons or subpoenas, researching witnesses, preparing court documents, obtaining information from other departments and providing assistance to judge and prosecutor.
- Executes and transcribes court docket and records dispositions.
- Coordinates with judge and prosecutor for court date settings.
- Assists Court Administrator with preparation of monthly reports by providing accurate and timely data to prepare monthly reports.
- Assists Court Administrator in developing and monitoring the court budget and administering the special revenue funds.
- Assists the Senior Deputy Court Clerk with the Teen Court program which includes docket settings, notifications, training, case assignments, meal planning and hosting awards banquet according to City policies.
- Provides quality customer service to Municipal Court customers by precisely communicating court processes as defined by law, policy and judicial orders; both oral and written; provide directions and other information to the general public in a professional manner.
- Performs warrant administration by issuing summons, capias pro fine and arrest warrants, recalling warrants as necessary and ensuring accurate information is sent to Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) for the Failure to Appear program.
- Stays abreast of legislature and court procedures and training related to court duties; assists Court Administrator with implementation of legislative changes as they pertain to Municipal Court.
- Assists Court Administrator in preparing mid-point and annual evaluations for Court team members.
- Provides oversight to accurately capture documents in a document management system to maximize productivity and provide efficient retrieval of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, criminal justice, or other related field. Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience as a court clerk in a computerized system. One (1) year of the required experience must have been in a lead or supervisory capacity. High School diploma or equivalent with the same required years of experience may be substituted for a degree provided the incumbent holds a valid Texas Municipal Court Clerk Level II or higher certification.
- Clerical procedures of processing, recording and preparing legal documents, records, and reports related to court operations.
- City ordinances, court procedures, and legislation pertinent to clerical work.
- Utilizing good office skills.
- Establishing effective working relationship with other employees, communicates well with public.
- Reading TMCEC clerk manual, memoranda, legislation, educational and leadership materials
- Writing reports and memoranda
- Calculating money from fees collected
- Interpreting and applying court procedures and City ordinances to duties
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (QUALIFICATIONS)
Municipal Court Clerk Certification Program, Level II through Texas Court Clerks Association and Texas Municipal Courts Education Center.
Must attend annual continuing education to maintain certification and to be an active member of the Texas Court Clerks Association
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fine dexterity, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, balancing, vision, hearing, talking, use of foot controls.
Hiring Range: $49,940.80 to $58,676.80.Regular-Full time
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!