Closing: (Subject to Close Without Notice)
Apply online at: City of Pleasanton Jobs
JOB FUNCTION: Serves in an executive officer capacity to the presiding judge and provides all clerical and quasi-judicial administrative functions of the City’s Municipal Court.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes departmental policies, procedures and regulations and ensures proper enforcement.
- Implements new forms, policies, court procedures, legislative procedures, and legal requirements and works with Municipal Judge, Prosecutor, and Court Clerks on new processes.
- Responsible for hiring process, performance evaluations and disciplinary procedures of staff.
- Responsible for daily deposits and cash reports, including reconciling payment activity of Municipal Court staff.
- Facilitates monthly court sessions, including completion of appropriate post-trial documentation; forwarding appeals to County Courts and the mailing of notices to the defendants;
- Attends annual training specific to legislative changes affecting municipal courts, records management software upgrades and municipal court procedures.
- Attends training required to maintain Court Clerk Certification.
- Perform duties for the Court Clerks when needed.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned or that becomes apparent.
- Assists in development of annual budget and makes recommendation for purchases, capital items or additional employees during annual budget process. Monitors all expenditures during the year for adherence to annual appropriations.
- Review calls for service, citations, and Municipal Court information forms received from the Police Department.
- Prepares monthly reports to city/state.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, city officials and general public.
- Reports Driver’s License Suspensions to the State of Texas.
- Maintains and updates data to the Omni Base DPS System.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Complete courses of the Texas Municipal Court Education Center in order to comply with training required to perform any duties of the office of clerk of the municipal court.
- 5 years of experience as Texas Court Clerk or Court Administrator
- Class C Texas Driver’s License
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- TMCEC Certified Texas Municipal Court Clerk Level I or higher
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Establishes rules of procedure on questions for which standard procedures have not been established by law or by superior court
- Coordinates court activities with Court Clerk, City Attorney and other city departments.
- Must be proficient in all operations, rules, reports and procedures of Court; ensure that all dockets, judgments and other municipal court documents are accurately prepared, maintained and filed. Exercise considerable initiative and judgment; and extensive discretion when handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, squatting, kneeling and working in cramped and strained positions for long periods of time to perform job scope
- Working conditions are primarily inside with occasional exposure to the outdoors