Salary: $14.99 - $19.42
. The application can be found at www.texascitytx.gov
Closing: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
Under direct supervision of Municipal Court Administrator; maintains all court records, assists the Judge and Prosecutor, assists customers on the telephone and in person at the cashier’s window, requires a specialized knowledge of court operations, policies, and procedures, and does related work as required.
Work involves judicial and financial record keeping, requiring the exercise of judgment within established departmental guidelines and policies.
Work includes completing court processes.
Work involves responsibility for receiving payment for a variety of transactions requiring knowledge of legal codes, payment and charge codes, regulations, and department and city policies.
Work is performed independently within established policies and procedures and is reviewed by internal checks and audits, and through conferences and reports.
1. Assist in achieving court objectives.
2. Participate in all phases of the Court’s clerical, legal, and cashiering activities as required.
3. Considerable knowledge of office standards and procedures and how to apply said procedures and standards.
4. Assist with coordinating the Court’s docket and ensure that the necessary processes and paperwork of the Court are issued, signed, and approved.
5. Maintain a professional working relationship with employees in the office, the general public, appointed and elected officials and city management.
6. Type and mail standard correspondence letters as needed.
7. Attend assigned Court sessions.
8. Assist with records management; including the filing, scanning, and maintenance of court records.
9. Keep the Municipal Court Administrator informed of all problems and important issues.
10. Perform related work as required.
11. Considerable knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
12. Make mathematical computations and tabulations rapidly and accurately.
13. Understand and carry out oral and written instruction.
14. Practice good organizational skills.
15. Train new employees.
16. Utilize popular forms of word processing software as well as basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills.
17. Work with little or no direct supervision.
1. Must be a US Citizen.
2. Must have no criminal history.
3. Must have a good credit history.
4. High school diploma or GED.
5. Three years general business and clerical experience.
6. Knowledge of court operations, policies and procedures preferred.
8. Work independently.
9. Good organizational skills.
10. Type 40 wpm.
11. Ten key by touch.
12. Use a computer with proficiency.
13. Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures.
14. Minimum of five (5) years Municipal or County Court experience preferred.
15. Must be fluent in office software (INCODE) and computer hardware.
1. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds of records in boxes.
2. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel classified.