Responsible for coordinating and supervising court services operations as well as serving as the main administrative contact within Municipal Court Operations & Support Services.
Target Hiring Range: $47,923/yr - $61,069/yr
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise all case processing activities including the preparation of record entries, court orders, bonds, judgments, warrants, court lists and various dockets to assure the completeness and accuracy of court records.
- Oversee and process payments for various customers including citizens, cities and other city escrows (OCE).
- Supervise the development and implementation of training programs within the Mail/Bonds, Docket, Data Entry, Warrant and Phone Center divisions.
- Monitor, report and review old cases and new warrants issued for Capias (a writ of arrest).
- Scan court documents to electronic format for ongoing judicial transference of information (Open Records request, research, management reports and etc).
- Maintain the Municipal Courts records for the City including resolving systems requirements.
- Evaluate staff performance, assess training needs and develop improvements to workflow.
- Manage support staff in court services for training, development, retention and etc..
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Associate’s degree from an accredited college
5 years experience in a Court environment
3 years of supervisory experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- Associate’s degree in IT Systems, Computer Systems, Public Administration, Law Enforcement or related area of study
- 5-7 years experience in Court environment with proficiency in Court case management systems and electronic workflows
- 3-4 years of supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of open records statutes
- Considerable knowledge of electronic filing and indexing
- Considerable knowledge of Courtroom and Detention Center processes
- Considerable knowledge of municipal government court services operations
- Considerable knowledge of IT Systems and Imaging Hardware/Software Components
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office
- Proficient skill in Accounting & Cash handling practices
- Skill at accurately scanning documents and indexing
- Skill in utilizing Crystal Reports
Licenses & Certifications
Valid State of Texas Class C Driver’s License
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; because the work environment requires face-to-face interaction with customers the incumbent may be exposed to high stress, non-violent confrontational situations. The incumbent is expected to adequately use verbal skills to defuse interpersonal confrontation or conflict.
Models Organization Values
Customer Focus/Results Focus
Managing Projects/Managing People