Apply at: City of Prosper Jobs
Hiring Range: $53,126.86 - $62,502.19
Full Salary Range: $53,126.86 - $71,877.52
Under general supervision of the Municipal Court Administrator, this position manages the functions and day-to-day operations of the Town’s Municipal Court. The incumbent in this position manages, evaluates, and provides leadership to subordinates and performs support functions for court operations as assigned.EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Assists Municipal Court Administrator in monitoring and maintaining Municipal Court’s automated records system, ensuring proper data input and processing of information as well as accountability; including running routine queries and serving as liaison to court software, citation writers/printers, collections and credit card processing vendors.
- Supervises caseload processing, including defensive driving, deferred disposition probation, judgments, pre-sentence matters, failure to appear, warrants, and other related processes.
- Monitors all functions of the court, reporting issues or concerns to the Court Administrator.
- Provides clerical support for the department by answering and directing incoming calls, greeting visitors, responding in a professional and courteous manner to inquiries from both internal and external customers.
- Coordinates daily activities that include planning, and scheduling for customer service, data entry, collections, correspondence, verification, docketing, and warrant issuance.
- Investigates, resolves, and responds to sensitive and non-routine public inquiries from attorneys, defendants, and citizens for problem resolution
- Develops and maintains relationships between Municipal Court and Town departments
- Conducts research and prepares statistical, financial and/or narrative information as requested by the Court Administrator.
- Provides supervision to Court Clerks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any work-related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
- Associates Degree in a related field.
- Three (3) years of Municipal Court experience
- Must possess Certified Court Clerk Level I
- Must obtain Certified Court Clerk II within twenty-four (24) months of employment
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience.
- Bilingual Spanish skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate knowledgeably, clearly, and concisely, both orally and in writing, with groups and individuals having relationships to the operations, functions, and services provided by or to the Municipal Court; including negotiation and
- Skills in use of automated court systems, imaging software, office software and other equipment.
- Knowledge of practices, procedures, and operations of a municipal court including local, state, and federal laws relating to Municipal Court of Record.
- Skills in discerning best/most appropriate course of action in each situation
- Skills in organization of work and implementation and execution of programs.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports; effectively motivate, lead, council, discipline, and plan and direct the work of assigned subordinate personnel engaged in various professional, technical, and clerical functions of the Municipal Court;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the Finance Director and staff, public officials, Municipal Court patrons, and professional groups and organizations
- Ability to develop and implement policies, programs, and procedures necessary to and consistent with the achievement of Municipal Court and Finance Department goals and objectives
- Ability to analyze and evaluate court needs in all assigned area(s) including personnel, technology, equipment, materials, procedures programs, policies, and service delivery
Ability to direct the work of assigned personnel; prepare, read, and interpret court policies, procedures, and legal terminology and ability to prepare reports and compile statistics.
Work is performed in climate controlled office environment. Physical demands are sedentary in nature, sitting, standing, and requires little physical effort in working with medium (50 lbs.), easy-to-handle materials. Work performed causes fatigue of eyes, fingers and other facilities because of fairly continuous use of motor skills.