Apply online: City of Lewisville Jobs
$18.83 Hourly; $3,264.08 Monthly; $39,169.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 11/02/20
CLOSING DATE: 11/16/20 05:30 PM
Responsible for providing support and assistance to all judges of the Court in clerical, non-judicial administrative, and magisterial matters by managing and coordinating the judicial activities of the courtroom and executing duties delegated by the Judge.
- Schedules and coordinates activities and operations of the courtroom and monitors case management and processing of pending cases.
- Schedules and coordinates day-to-day administrative details of the Judge’s office.
- Maintains and coordinates the judicial calendars to ensure docket and jail coverage during all court sessions.
- Serves as liaison between the judges, attorneys, defendants, court personnel, Police Department, and outside agencies.
- Maintains the judges’ calendars and arranges meetings and conferences.
- Schedules administrative hearings (MOEP, Property, Expunction, Interlock, Dangerous Dog, Animal Cruelty, etc.) as needed.
- Collects and provides to court personnel accurate information regarding jail arraignments.
- Prepares monthly OCA reports.
- Enters daily all Protective Order documents into OCA Registry and notifies victims.
- Scans daily jail documents and coordinates with municipal and county court personnel regarding warrants and supporting documents.
- Records and maintains jail docket records and responds to requests for magistrate jail documents.
- Coordinates requests for Arrest, Search, Administrative warrants.
- Prepares and maintains the annual jail magistration schedule.
- Assists judges in recording and maintaining payroll hours.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education High School Diploma or GED required. Experience Four years of responsible office administration experience is required with at least two years in
a court or legal office. REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES Knowledge of:
- Knowledge of personal computers with proficient use of all applicable software (i.e. Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Knowledge of courtroom proceedings and presentation.
- Ability to effectively handle sensitive situations requiring courtesy, persuasion, and tact.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to determine priorities and to coordinate activities within established guidelines.
- Proficient in keyboarding, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and ability to compose and edit letters and other correspondence
Preferences Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class “C” and good driving record as defined by City policy.