We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $12.77 - $20.92 Hourly (Dependent on Qualifications)
Department: Municipal Court
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS: Non-rotating 40 hour work week; Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
The purpose and functions of a Court Clerk III are to provide case resolution for citizens that is in compliance with the law, and in an efficient and effective manner, and to provide administrative support to the Judiciary.
· Position will stamp, count, enter citations, arrest reports, and other items filed with the Court
· Will schedule cases for arraignment hearings appropriately
· Will create complaints for all citations entered
· Finalizes all cases paid in full through the Court’s online system
· Will create and mail Juror Summons for Court
· Files and updates returned Juror Summons in the Court system
· Schedules defendants’ cases for Adult, Juvenile, and Ordinance Jury, Bench, Motion, Administrative, and Show Cause Hearings
· Notifies all parties; processes all Motions filed with the Court and updates cases according to judicial orders
· Updates case records according to prosecutor instructions and prepares cases for Jury and Bench Trials
· Works as Judge’s Clerk in a Courtroom
· Records all Court proceedings, updates cases and obtains the defendant’s written acknowledgment of orders
· Reviews cases in queues and processes according to Court procedure, judicial orders, and prosecutor instructions
· Updating cases, scheduling cases on specific dockets, and mailing orders to all parties
· Checks in defendants and attorneys present for Court hearings
· May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
· Position requires a High School Diploma or GED
· Two (2) years of related experience
· Must obtain TMCEC Municipal Court Certification within 18 months of employment
· Preference will be given to candidates with prior court experience, and Municipal Court Clerk Certification
· A valid driver's license is required
· Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
· Texas Municipal Retirement System – the City offers a 2 to 1 match. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City matches 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you contribute.
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
· Vacation – 88+ hours per year
· Personal leave – 40 hours per year
· Sick leave – 96 hours per year
· Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
· Eight (8) Holidays
· Flexible Spending Account
· City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
· Learning & Development Academy
· Tuition Reimbursement Programs
· Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
Job opening will close on:
November 24, 2020