Internal Posting Date: September 17, 2020
External Posting Date: September 24, 2020
Closing Date: When Filled
The Program Director is a project manager responsible for TMCEC professional and continuing education programs for municipal court support personnel (court clerks, court managers, and court administrators).
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing and coordinating educational programs for municipal court support personnel through the evaluation of training needs, goals, and objectives;
- Gathering and analyzing information for development and preparation of curriculum;
- Evaluating and assessing the presentation skills of TMCEC faculty for effective instruction and assisting faculty with development of course materials;
- Contributing to legal research, writing, and editing of TMCEC print and online materials;
- Writing scripts and assisting with production of instructional media;
- Serving as faculty at TMCEC conferences and facilitating TMCEC meetings;
- Serving as a TMCEC liaison to the Texas Court Clerks Association (TCCA), collaborating with the TCCA and other entities as project manager for the Clerk Certification Program, and revision of clerk certification study guides and preparation materials;
- Analyzing and evaluating data to measure the effectiveness of programming in meeting goals and objectives;
- Representing TMCEC at conferences, planning meetings, task forces, forums, affiliate organizations, and associations; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, employer contribution to a SAR-SEP IRA plan, and annual and sick leave.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with limited supervision. Applicants must have a keen attention to detail and a proven work ethic as well as excellent problem solving and communication skills and the ability to work well with judges, court support personnel, TMCEC staff members, and volunteers. This position requires travel throughout the state.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license, car insurance or other proof of financial responsibility, a reliable mode of transportation, and be able to pass a criminal background check.
EXPERIENCE OF KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED: Applicants should have experience in instructional technology, publishing, journalism, teaching, and event planning and have a fundamental understanding of procedural and substantive criminal law and the operations of Texas criminal courts
Applicants must have one or more years of experience as a staff attorney, criminal law practitioner, government lawyer, and/or a work history reflecting a commitment to public service.
ABOUT TMCEC: The Texas Municipal Courts Education Center (TMCEC) was formed in 1984 by the Texas Municipal Courts Association (TMCA) to provide extensive, continuing professional education and training programs for municipal judges and court personnel. TMCEC is financed by a grant from the Court of Criminal Appeals out of funds appropriated by the Legislature to the Judicial and Court Personnel Training Fund.
In 2006, TMCEC was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation exclusively for charitable, literary, and educational purposes of providing: (1) judicial education, technical assistance, and the necessary resource material to assist municipal judges, court support personnel, and city attorneys in obtaining and maintaining professional competence in the fair and impartial administration of criminal justice; and (2) information to the public about the Texas judicial system and laws relating to public safety and quality of life in Texas communities.
TMCEC conducts courses in various locations throughout the state to facilitate compliance by municipal judges with the Court of Criminal Appeals order mandating continuing education on an annual basis. Courses are offered for judges, clerks, court administrators, juvenile case managers, bailiffs, warrant officers, and prosecutors.
Sponsoring more than 50 events annually and providing professional and law-related education to more than 4,000 people, TMCEC is one of the largest organizations of its kind in the United States. TMCEC has an outstanding cadre of faculty members that consists of judges, attorneys, and other professionals from throughout the nation. TMCEC takes pride in the quality and content of its conferences and work product. It has earned the praise of judges, attorneys, policy makers, and court professionals throughout the Lone Star State.
Employment application for new applicants who have not previously worked at TMCEC is located at http://www.tmcec.com/public/files/File/About%20Us/employment-application.pdf.
Resume and application may be submitted with cover letter by mail, email (email@example.com), or fax
(512.435.6118). No telephone inquiries, please.