This position will perform a variety of duties in support of the administration for the Town. The primary responsibilities include the administration and operations of the municipal court; front desk reception; building permits, accounts payable and administrative assistant duties. The Town of Bartonville is a General Law Type A municipality with a small administrative staff and this position will be required to cross train on all day-to-day functions of municipal government. The applicant must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Responsible for the administration of the Municipal Court in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas and the Town ordinances, with prudence and integrity and in an impartial manner.
- Assists defendants, attorneys, prosecutors, and others regarding procedures, citations, case status updates, and options for resolving citations; Updates case files in court software as contact is made.
- Enters citation information in the computer daily.
- Collects, posts, and balances fines, fees and bonds, and accurately reconciles daily cash transactions using court-specific computer software; reviews and verifies accounting records.
- Prepares court dockets, orders, legal documents, and letters.
- Prepares for and attends monthly hearings, provides assistance to the Judge, Prosecutor, attending attorneys and defendants. NOTE: Currently all meetings are held virtually via Zoom. This position is responsible for setting up and running all Virtual E-Court hearings (training will be provided). Court is typically held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 4 p.m. - subject to change.
- Reviews cases of non-appearance, non-compliance, and non-payment.
- Processes monthly reports to the State, Omni for hold/release on driver license, Collection Agency, etc.
- Assures court procedures are in compliance with court administrative orders, and state and local laws, regulations and standards; monitors new legislation and rule changes and recommends changes to policies and procedures.
BUILDING PERMITS AND DEVELOPMENT:
· Accepts and processes residential and commercial building, sign, septic, health permit and contractor registration applications. Coordinates inspections for the Building Inspector; Maintains building inspection and septic files through building permit software and Laserfiche; responsible for quarterly reports as required by the State; Processes food establishment permits and coordinates annual license and permit renewals.
· Notifies public utility companies of inspections in order to connect gas or electric service.
· Assists the Town Administrator with Planning/Development as needed providing information to citizens and the development community on the comprehensive plan, zoning, development policies and related ordinances.
- Assists the general public by telephone, in person, and e-mail by providing information and answering questions related to Town operations.
- Assists with Accounts Payable, Website and Facebook content, newsletter and other publications.
- Assists with Records Management, management of files, scanning.
- Assists with special events including National Night Out, Spring Clean Up, and Operation Blue Santa
- Conducts research; reads and interprets ordinances, regulations, and policies.
- Prepares reports, forms, proofreads materials for accuracy, formatting, grammar, and spelling.
- Orders office supplies
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required to perform the functions of the position. Perform other duties as assigned or required to perform the functions of the position.
- Encouraged to attend professional development workshops and conferences. May travel to various destinations in and out of the Town and may require overnight stay.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License required
- 3-5 years of varied technical, clerical, or paraprofessional support experience in a municipal or county building
- Must hold a Texas Certified Municipal Court Clerk certification, be in the process of obtaining certification or the ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire.
- Must be a licensed notary or have the ability to obtain a Notary license within the first three months of hire
- Pre-employment drug screen/background check
- Ability to work some evenings/weekends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in operating computers, phones, faxes, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Municipal Court Software, experience with FundView a plus, Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with Publisher; Adobe, CivicPlus; Laserfiche; cash handling procedures; basic mathematical calculations; principles of customer service
- Communicate effectively with diverse groups of individuals; handle stressful situations and effectively deal with difficult and angry people: exercise considerable discretion when handling confidential information; Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; efficiently respond to a stressful or high-pressure environment: meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks under pressure: work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities. Attention to detail a must.
Complete application at www.townofbartonville.com/employment
Your application is part of the review process; be sure it is complete. If attaching a resume, ALL information requested on the application form must also be completed (i.e., writing “see resume” is not sufficient).