5/4/2021 5:30 PM Central
Perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties in carrying out the daily functions of a Municipal Court.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:30AM-5:30PM Friday 7:30AM-11:30AM
- Assist the public at the counter or by phone to provide information about the procedures and requirements of the disposition of cases filed in the municipal court; payment of fines, court settings, time payments, deferred disposition, driving safety courses;
- Balance cash drawer daily and process all required reports;
- Perform data entry for court records; entry of citations, payments, dispositions to update status of cases, applying and forfeiting cash bonds, applying credit for time served.
- Prepare letters, notices and correspondences for incoming mail, new citations entered; deferred disposition, driving safety courses, juvenile hearings; and juror summons.
- Prepare court dockets for preliminary hearings and trials.
- Attend court sessions on scheduled court dates to provide assistance to the Judge, Prosecutor, attending attorneys and defendants;
- Update status on warrants and prepare warrants for delinquent citations;
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to all court files;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required.
1 year of responsible clerical experience required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of court procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures, basic math and computer software (Microsoft Office, Laserfiche, email, internet).
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle money accurately.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of court procedures and terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures, basic math and computer software preferred
- Proven experience working in a City/ Municipality preferred.
- Certified Court Clerk Level 1, preferred.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have acceptable credit history.