At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land "One of America's Best". The Finance Department has an opening for a Municipal Court Clerk.
The Municipal Court Clerk position is responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties related to the procedures, laws, and record keeping tasks required of a Court of Law.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED supplemented with course work in typing, business machine and personal computer operations
- Some college and/or continuing education coursework is desirable.
Relatable Work Experience:
- One year of experience dealing with the public/customer service, data entry, handling cash, and preparing deposits on a daily basis.
- Municipal experience is preferred.
- Additional relevant work experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above knowledge; skill and education requirements may be substituted in lieu of specific education requirements.
Training (License and/or Certification):
- Valid Texas Drivers License
- Level I Certification or the ability to obtain within 2 years of hire.