* Proper business English, spelling, punctuation, arithmetic, office practices, and procedures and operation of office equipment.
* Municipal Court functions and procedures, including knowledge of applicable recordkeeping requirements for court actions and defendant case files.
* Court and case processing procedures, including knowledge of legal forms, documents and terminology.
* City ordinances, State laws, regulations and procedures.
* Microsoft Outlook and Word applications
* Computers, online searches and services, and various software applications.
* Communicate and deal tactfully and effectively with other employees and the public.
* Learn and accurately apply numerous laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to court activities.
* Work independently and make responsible decisions in accordance with court policies and procedures.
* Organize and prioritize work and appropriately schedule court activities.
* Complete work accurately and rapidly with intense periods of concentration and frequent interruptions.
* Effectively resolve interpersonal conflict and interact with emotionally distraught, angry or hostile individuals.