Education, Training and Experience Guidelines High school diploma or equivalent; AND six (6) months of customer service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Legal system.
- Code of Judicial Conduct.
- Transportation Code.
- Penal Codes.
- Principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Texas Local Government Codes.
- Applicable policies, procedures and regulations covering specific areas of assignment.
- Business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications.
- Handling situations requiring diplomacy, fairness, firmness and sound judgment.
- Understanding, and applying relevant policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with various City departments, external government agencies, attorneys, schools, suppliers, vendors and the general public.
- Operating a personal computer and financial software programs.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Applicant must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions.