Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
Apply Online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/flowermoundtx
Under direct supervision, performs clerical functions and provides support for all activities of the Municipal Court.
- Inputs a variety of court transactions including traffic, parking, animal services, code enforcement and general citation information into the computer system; creates case files and prepares cases for court; processes judicial decision and case dispositions.
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and courteously with the public in person, on the telephone, and in writing. Assists customers with court procedures, citations, payments, bonds, and warrants; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority and training.
- Issues process, such as summons, subpoenas, and warrants.
- Prepares court dockets.
- Notifies defendants, complainants, witnesses, and jurors of court dates and appearances.
- Arrange jury panel as needed for judicial staff.
- Collects fines, fees, and bond payments, issues receipts.
- Prepare end of the day cash report and deliver cash deposit, responsible for balancing cash drawer daily.
- Prepare the department deposit for the bank and Financial Services.
- Collect cash bonds from Flower Mound Jail under supervision of jail staff.
- Assists the Judge and Prosecutor as directed.
- Works closely with Deputy Marshals to exchange defendant information and warrant clearing process.
- Performs other general Municipal Court functions, including processing defensive driving, deferments, payment plans, tracking of overdue cases, and performing general office duties such as filing, making copies, and scanning.
- Adheres to departmental, personnel, and safety rules and regulations.
- Assists co-workers and other departments as needed.
- Informs supervisor of all work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in Town and department attendance policies and procedures.
- A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- Municipal Court and cashier/teller experience is preferred.
- Level 1 Court Clerk Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
- One (1) or more years of office administrative and clerical work experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- A general working knowledge of municipal court operations and procedures is preferred; state of Texas principles and laws governing the municipal court operations; and basic office practices and procedures.
- Must have 10-key skills with speed and accuracy; data entry skills with speed and accuracy; and excellent English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Must train, test, and receive criminal justice practitioner certification through Department of Public Safety.
- Bilingual skills are preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work well under pressure; meet deadlines; plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments; follow oral and written directives; read and comprehend traffic laws, state statutes and town ordinances; and work effectively and efficiently with the general public and maintain a pleasant personality at all times.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
- To perform essential functions of the job must be able to read, write, talk, see, hear, and operate various office equipment.
- Ability to lift/carry twenty-five (25) pounds, bending, and reaching as needed to file, sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
HIPAA COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:
All employees who have access to health information whose confidentiality is protected by the HIPAA Privacy Rule must have an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds to their job responsibilities. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.