SALARY: $17.80 -$21.58 Hourly
$37,031.49 -$44,886.82 Annually
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Services
DIVISION: Municipal Court
OPENING DATE: 03/16/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bedfordtx.
To assist in various aspects of the case management and activities of the Hurst, Euless, and
Bedford Teen Court for juvenile defendants; and to assist in recruiting, training, and supervising
teen and adult volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in the overall activities of the Teen Court Program including pre-court processes, docket and trial scheduling, and recruiting, training and supervising teen and adult volunteers.
2. Assists in the implementation of Teen Court goals and objectives.
3. Assists in Teen Court scheduling, trials and case dispositions to ensure proper court procedure.
4. Creates and maintains Teen Court defendant records in Access, defendant file folders, letters of notification, and court dockets.
5. Distributes incoming and outgoing mail, to include traveling to Hurst and Euless Municipal Courts.
6. Answers and returns phone calls and emails in a professional and courteous manner.
7. Assists the Teen Court Coordinator in deciding a juvenile defendant’s eligibility to be referred to the appropriate resources for counseling.
8. Communicates with representatives from other agencies involved in the Teen Court Program including courts, police agencies, school districts, and county probation services. Also, assists in maintaining and monitoring community service site placements.
9. Assists in monitoring teen and adult volunteers participating in court roles to include attorneys, clerks, bailiffs, master jury monitors, and judges.
10. Assists in maintaining a database for juvenile defendant’s community service hours.
11. Assists in maintaining a database for teen and adult volunteers.
12. Attends Teen Court sessions, trainings, and special events after regular office hours.
13. May perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
14. Regular and timely attendance is required, as well as, the ability to get along with others in a professional and cordial manner.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma / GED; plus one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Texas Driver's License.
Must be Notary Public or be bondable.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Various Monday Evenings 12 pm - 9 pm. Assist with teen volunteer training (possibly requiring to stay late).