Salary: $15.53 - $18.94 Hourly
Closing: Open Until Filled (Subject to Close Without Notice)
Apply online at Job Opportunities | Sorted by Job Title ascending | Welcome to City of Cedar Park Careers (governmentjobs.com)
The City of Cedar Park is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Deputy Court Clerk to performs a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the municipal court including the initiation, processing, and maintenance of legal documents, preparation of correspondence and statistics; and provision of information and assistance to the public.
- Assists the general public in person and by phone, including retrieval of information and files, and providing available options and requirements regarding court case processes, including but not limited to: scheduling of court dates, driver safety course information, warrants, and other compliance options;
- Maintains quality control for all open and closed citations;
- Coordinates and prepares documents for judges to review and sign;
- Compiles, types, records and files a wide variety of court records, reports and materials, including citations, summons, warrants, letters and complaints;
- Learns, correctly interprets, and applies the laws, codes, policies and procedures related to the processing of court documents;
- Processes paperwork from the jail including bonds, payments in full, credit for time served requests;
- Understands the organization, procedures and operating details of a municipal court system;
- Operates a computer terminal and printer to type, enter, modify and retrieve a wide variety of court documents, reports, records, letters and other material;
- Processes documents required by the Municipal Court;
- Sorts, files, copies and distributes mail, correspondence, court documents and reports to appropriate personnel;
- Assists with the courtroom docket on a weekly basis, verifying scheduling, researching cases, preparing paperwork and documenting outcomes on cases called before the judge;
- Processes incoming jurors for jury trials;
- Processes paper work required by law for cases appealed to a higher court;
- Attends seminars to continue education;
- Processes court payments on citations and prepares receipts;
- Processes daily deposits; and
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent, plus at least two (2) years clerical work experience requiring public contact; previous court experience preferred; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Texas Municipal Court Clerk Certification, Level I or the ability to obtain this certification within two (2) years of hire.
- Bilingual - English & Spanish speaking ability is preferred
The City of Cedar Park is a vibrant community of 82,220 consistently ranked by the U.S. Census Bureau as one of the fastest growing communities in the Austin metro. Named for a popular park and rail stop in the late 1800s, Cedar Park is now home to two professional sports teams, the Texas Stars AHL hockey team and the Austin Spurs NBA G-league basketball team, as well a growing number of high tech and major manufacturing employers. Cedar Park has several rankings by a variety of sources as one of the Best Cities for Families and one of the Safest Cities in Texas.
Join our team of dynamic, talented, and dedicated professionals. We work together, we enjoy serving the community, and we have fun at what we do. Join us today!
The City is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to each employee and applicant for employment. The City affirms its commitment that