Salary $34,860.80 - $43,617.60 Annually
Location Round Rock, TX
Job Type Full-Time
Department Municipal Court - Finance
Job Number 201800970
Closing 5/31/2022 11:59 PM Central
Under general supervision, the Deputy Court Clerk provides support services to the municipal court including scheduling court dockets, maintaining records of the court process, and coordinating assigned activities with the general public.
Examples of Duties
- Assist the public in person and by phone including retrieving information and files and providing general information regarding court fines, scheduling of court dates, driving safety courses, deferred adjudication, warrants, and processing extensions; assist the public in problem solving and research activities.
- Provide staff assistance; prepare periodic reports of municipal court activities; prepare and present staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate.
- Organize, submit, process, file and/or distribute prepared paperwork for proper signatures.
- Attend municipal court sessions to process paperwork as required.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Maintains data files, in both paper and electronic formats, by keying in data elements, sorting and filing.
- Collects fines and fees
- Inputs citation data into the computer system and checks it for accuracy.
Experience and Training
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Two (2) years clerical and cash handling work experience is required.
- Spanish speaking is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses Required
Must test for Municipal Court Clerk Certification-Level 1 within Eighteen (18) months of hire.
City of Round Rock 231 E. Main Street, Suite 100 Round Rock, Texas, 78664