$31,949.00 - $45,503.00 Annually
Once certifications are obtained, Municipal Court Clerk I is eligible to be promoted:
Municipal Court Clerk II - salary $33,547 - $47,779/yr DOQ
Municipal Court Clerk III - salary $35,224 - $50,168/yr DOQ
Apply Online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/victoriatx/jobs/3391689/municipal-court-clerk-i?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Examples of Duties
- Performs a full range of court operations work including case processing in traffic, criminal, and civil using an electronic case processing system, related applications, and equipment.
- Provides assistance to attorneys, court parties, defendants, and the public by responding to a variety of questions in-person, over the phone, by mail, and/or electronically; Provides forms, documents, and court procedure information, checks people in for court, and refers new or complex questions to higher level staff.
- Effectively greets visitors to department and advises defendants of their rights in reference to Municipal Court procedures and provides public information as authorized by department and/or State Law.
- Initiates case records at the court clerk’s customer service window using electronic means or paper documents; Records required data regarding parties, documents, flags, comments, events, and dispositions in case processing system and other relevant systems; notifies relevant individuals about missing information, documents, or non-compliant legal forms.
- Processes cases within assigned area of responsibility; Researches, tracks, and monitors case status and progression; Follow up with defendants, officers, and/or other parties as necessary.
- All other job-related duties as assigned or as become apparent.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification
High school diploma or equivalent required; associate’s degree in a related field preferred. Three years of clerical or office experience required. Minimum of 6 months cash handling and customer service required. Level I Municipal Court Clerks Certification required, or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment. Will consider equivalent combination of experience and education, which provides the knowledge, abilities, and skills required for the job. Valid Texas driver’s license with a driving record that meets City guidelines. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.