Location: Municipal Court, Burleson, Tx 76028
Department: Municipal Court
Job Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: Up to - $50,014.66 D.O.E.
Position Type: Regular
Details: Bilingual Preferred.
APPLY ONLINE AT CITY OF BURLESON JOBS
Job Description Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide clerical, administrative, and quasi-judicial services through assistance in all facets of the operations of the Municipal Court. The Municipal Court Clerk will be responsible for maintaining records of court process, filing complaints, and providing premier customer service while coordinating activities with the general public.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize duties
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without close supervision
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Skilled in and knowledge of basic office equipment and software (Word, Excel, etc)
- Ability to read and understand all legal court document
- Prefer knowledge of the Texas Traffic laws, Code of Criminal Procedures and Penal Code
- Exceptional leadership capabilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
-High school diploma or equivalent.
-One year experience in local, county or state government
-Two years experience in any court related support position
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
-Texas Court Clerk Level 1 Certification or ability to obtain within 12 months;
Employee must maintain certification through continuing education hours during duration of employment.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with a good driving record
Deputy Court Clerk