We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $13.41 - $14.80 Hourly (Dependent on Qualifications)
Department: Municipal Court
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS Non-rotating 40 hour work week; Monday through Friday, 8:00 am
- 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States.
The purpose of a Deputy Court Clerk IV is to provide case resolution for citizens at the lobby windows following court procedures and maintaining compliance with the law, in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
- Processes defendant information at public lobby windows, through the mail and email, including but not limited to: processing pleas, processing requests for driving safety courses, accepting proof of compliance, accepting and applying multiple forms of payments
- Collects fines and generates receipts, balances and prepares deposits; generates reports; provides general information about policies and procedures; researches requested information
- Accurately enters data into court case management software and scans documents into computer
- Directs customers to the courtroom or other appropriate areas of the Court
- Assists attorneys and accepts attorney documentation
- Develops payment plans through customer interviews
- Informs customers of the terms and conditions required of the Collection Program
- Compiles and evaluates financial information needed to determine appropriate monthly payments and/or alternative methods for the collection of fines and court costs per State mandated guidelines
- Maintains customer records in the court’s database system by entering files, court costs, and other fees as determined by the Municipal Court Judge
- Prepares appropriate collection information and compliance history prior to directing customers to the courtroom
- Monitors and tracks collection plans and contacts delinquent customers and prepares and mails reminder notices
- Contacts customers directly by phone to request payment of delinquent fines and costs; and compiles listing of all delinquent clients for issuance of warrants
- Assists customers ordered by judges to perform community service by providing a location and/or list of community non-profit organizations
- Provides customers with the necessary documents to obtain proof of community service performed
- Monitors and tracks community service compliance; scans and verifies submitted timesheets and queues completions for dismissal or sets cases to Show Cause if failed to comply
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or two (2) year technical certificate
- Three (3) years of customer service and financial experience
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in end-of-day cash balancing desired
- Must obtain Municipal Court Clerk Certification within 18 months of employment
Preference will be given to candidates with prior court and collections experience, Municipal Court Certification, and bilingual (English & Spanish)
Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
A valid driver's license is required
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – the City offers a 2 to 1 match. Each employee automatically contributes 6% of their total compensation. The City matches 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you contribute. This will increase to 7% after January 1, 2019.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Eight (8) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test. Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
Job opening will close on
December 31, 2020